The Komaneka resorts were named to celebrate two generations of a family dedicated to the acquisition and exhibition of one of the world`s finest collections of Indonesian and Balinese art. Its first property was built in the Monkey Forest Road, a bustle street in the center of Ubud that was popular for its wonderful shops and excellent restaurants. Nestled between running streams and rice terraces, Komaneka at Monkey Forest was built for an experience of living with arts and being part of hundreds of years old culture and traditions that flourished in this island.
Komaneka is designed to reflect a contemporary interpretation of traditional Balinese style and architecture. Constructed with local materials, including “alang-alang” thatch roofing, paras and other Indonesian stones, and exotic native woods, the hotel offers very spacious rooms decorated with rich fabrics in soft earth tones and exquisitely crafted local furnishings. In 2001, three years after the initial Komaneka, its sister resort was built in an enchanting and secluded setting overlooking the Oos River. Named Komaneka at Tanggayuda, this resort featured large and luxurious villas with private plunge pool, veranda and garden. Its spa facilities offer an array of treatments, massages, and therapies to allow guests to truly lose themselves in Bali. The villas are ideal spots for honeymooners and other romantics.
Hidden away in a peaceful location with beautiful views over the Oos River, Komaneka at Tanggayuda is a small villa resort. Located at Tanggayuda in Kedewatan village, it is only 15 minutes by car from Ubud with easy access to temples, cultural performances, museums, artists` villages, galleries, art shops and restaurants. This sister hotel of Komaneka at Monkey Forest has the same attention to details such as carved local volcanic stones surrounding each bath, and an old traditional house as the restaurant. Each large and luxurious villa has a private outdoor area, plunge pool and open-air pavilion.
– Ubud: 15 minutes
– Benoa Harbor: 1 hour
– Denpasar: 1 hour
– Ngurah Rai Airport: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Valley Pool Villa (12 villas)
Private villa with spectacular views of a river valley, 1.5 meters deep-plunge pool, king-size or twin Hollywood bed, day bed and sofa, mini-bar with nuts and spirits, ice bucket, air-conditioning, stereo, and CD player, satellite TV, DVD player, IDD phone, in-room digital safety deposit box, box of room amenities with tooth brushes, sewing kits, comb, emery board, cotton & cotton buds, and shaving kits, bathrobes, night gowns and slippers, umbrellas, scale, flash light, shopping bag, hair-dryer, luggage rack, fire extinguisher, hot and cold shower, hand-carved volcanic stone bathtub, private veranda and outside open-air pavilion.
Courtyard Pool Villa (4 villas)
Private villa with garden view, 1.5 meters deep-plunge pool, king-size or twin Hollywood bed, day bed and sofa, mini-bar with nuts and spirits, ice bucket, air-conditioning, stereo and CD player, satellite TV, DVD player, IDD phone, in-room digital safety deposit box, box of room amenities with tooth brushes, sewing kits, comb, emery board, cotton & cotton buds, and shaving kits, bathrobes, night gowns and slippers, umbrellas, scale, flash light, shopping bag, hair-dryer, luggage rack, fire extinguisher, hot and cold shower, hand-carved volcanic stone bathtub, private veranda and outside open-air pavilion.
Suite Room (4 rooms)
Private room with garden view, king-size or twin Hollywood bed, day bed, mini-bar with nuts and spirits, ice bucket, air-conditioning, stereo and CD player, satellite TV, DVD player, IDD phone, in-room digital safety deposit box, box of room amenities with tooth brushes, sewing kits, comb, emery board, cotton & cotton buds, and shaving kits, bathrobes, night gowns and slippers, umbrellas, scale, flash light, shopping bag, hair-dryer, luggage rack, fire extinguisher, hot and cold shower, sunken marble bathtub, and private veranda.
Warung Kudus Restaurant
It is an authentic pavilion taken from Kudus area (east of Java), decorated by a Javanese style calligraphy which is heavily shielded from the sun with a traditional Javanese clay roofs and designed with high peaked ceilings exudes tropical warmth and culture. The building size is 16 m x 12 m with seating capacity up to 55 persons. Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner specializing in Balinese and Indonesian fusion cuisine (all day menu) with specialty menu Balinese BBQ Beef Rib (Food) and Gin in Ginger and Lemongrass Infused (Beverage).Open daily from 7 am to 11 pm.
A secluded opened air pavilion restaurant overlooking to surrounded valley view designed in high peaked ceiling and traditional Balinese thatched roof with Javanese ethnic decoration in a tranquil plateau elevated to capture the mystique and timeless beauty of rural Ubud. The building size is 8 m x 6 m with seating capacity up to 24 persons. Serving light lunch and selections of wines, spirits and cocktails. Perfect for early evening aperitif with specialty menu Balinese BBQ Beef Rib (Food) and Gin in Ginger and Lemongrass Infused (Beverage) and open daily from 10 am to 7 pm.
Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner specializing in Balinese and Indonesian fusion cuisine (all day menu), open 24 hours and no additional charge occurred for having meals in the room.
With 10 m x 5 m of building size offers; antiques, clothing, jewelries, souvenirs and other Indonesian arts and crafts, open daily from 8 am to 8 pm.
Fine Art Gallery
Managed by the resort owner who is from a family of art connoisseurs that founded the Neka Art Museum. The building size is 15 m x 8 m, exhibits high quality contemporary artworks by local and international artists, open daily from 8 am to 8 pm.
Building size is 14 m x 6 m offers selection of books, novels, magazines, news paper (English and Japanese), collection of CD music, and board games. Those are free to borrow to the room. Computer with high-way internet facilities and satellite television with local and overseas channels are also available for guest pleasant. Open 24 hours.
Large Swimming Pool
Pool size is 16.5 m x 7.5 m and 1.6 m depth with infinity edge pool dramatically overlooking the river valley completed with safety equipments.
Komaneka Spa is an oasis of serenity and natural splendor for those seeking deep relaxation of mind and body. Open daily from 9 am to 9 pm, offering traditional Indonesian beauty and relaxation massage treatments with free hot jacuzzi & steam room facility. Spa compound is 19 m x 16 m consist of: one lobby with lobby counter, two double massage rooms, four single massage rooms, one cream bath room, one toilet and two shower rooms and guest lockers.
With building size of 1.5 m x 5.5 m, completed with Life Fitness treadmill, stationary bike, cross trainer and set of barbells. Free to use and open daily from 7 am to 7 pm.
A 12 m x 5.5 m meeting room with complete meeting facilities is available upon request.
Free wireless internet connection is available from lobby, restaurant, library and throughout hotel area.
A fire extinguisher is available in the room and located below washbasin place. Guests are suggested to contact front desk immediately in the event of fire.
International standard adaptors are available in the room.
Each room is equipped with hair dryer which located on the drawer inside the wardrobe.
Free service for guest convenience and available at anytime.
Lobby Safe Deposit Box
Safe deposit box are also available in the lobby in case if guest needs to store their valuable things.
Free capacious parking place is available.
This building surrounded with botanical garden which used for having Balinese cooking lesson accompanied by the Chef. Building size is 7 m x 4 m.
– Laundry & Dry cleaning, daily service and same day service can be arranged
– Airline Reservation and Confirmation, airline arrangement or flight reconfirmation can be arranged at the front desk
– Airport Transfer, available upon requested with one day in advance reservation with extra cost
– Baby Sitter, reliable Balinese minders for children are available, while guests have a Spa treatment or a romantic dinner in the Restaurant or in the poolside
– 24-Hour Security, Well-trained security staff with K-9 German shepherd guard dog
– 24-Hour Staff In-Charge, professional staff are always ready to assist guests at anytime
– Baggage Service, arrangement of baggage to be collected or to be stored can be arranged at the front desk
– Housekeeping, the room will be cleaned twice a day between 9 am to 2 pm and from 6 pm to 9 pm. If any additional room supplies are needed by guests, the Housekeeper will deliver it straightaway
– Postal Service, the front desk staff will help to post guest’s documents
– Day/Night Program Planning, the front desk staff will be very happy to arrange and giving the suggestion to guest’s day/night program planning at based on guests required
– Afternoon Tea. Free afternoon tea is available daily starting 3 pm to 6 pm with many selection of Balinese cake available along with the activity of making offering lesson
– Proper taxi is not available in Ubud area; however we can organized it at based on guest requested
– Shoe-shine service available upon requested
– Wake-up Call Service can be arranged upon requested
– Car / Motorbike Rental can be arranged upon requested
– Valet Parking Service, free valet parking service will be arranged by the front desk staff
– Medical, Komaneka at Tanggayuda is affiliated with a nearby clinic which offers 24-hour doctor assistance and ambulance
– Free welcome drink and chilled towel on arrival
– Special Komaneka gift in the room upon arrival
– Free daily tropical fruit and home made cookies in the room
– Free daily flowers in the room
– Free daily afternoon tea with assorted Balinese cakes
– Free daily 4 bottles of mineral water in the room and additional water is provided on request
– Free visit to Neka Art Museum including entrance ticket, all in-house guest are invited to visit the museum by using free shuttle service which leave the lobby every one hour
– Free Shuttle Service to centre of Ubud, scheduled 13 times a day to take and pick-up guests at the arranged meeting points. First shuttle departs the hotel at 8 am and last pick up is at 10.25 pm from down town Ubud
– Free Petulu Village Tour, everyday around sunset, thousands of white herons, called Kokokan in Balinese begin filling the skies at twilight as they fly back to the village of Petulu after searching for food since sunrise. With their stomachs full of small paddy ells, fish and frogs they spend the night safely roosting in the tree-lined roads of the quite mountain village. It is difficult to believe that the hustle and the hustle of Ubud are just a few miles away. All in-house guests are invited to visit this village every Tuesday and Friday afternoon. Departs from the lobby at 5 pm and returns at 7 pm
– Free Wood Carving Lesson. Ubud village is known for its naturalistic style of painting, scenes, and ceremonies from village life as well as woodcarving. Try your hand to carve a simple wood carving and it is become a unique souvenir made by your own hands. You may find lots of inspiration to become Balinese woodcarver. Held every Thursday afternoon in the Gallery room from 3 pm to 4 pm
– Free Balinese Attire & Dance Lesson. Modern way of living has change the daily uniform of Balinese, most of them not wearing sarong on their regular daily activities that might for fashion purposes. But Balinese still maintains this tradition especially for any cultural activities such as temple ceremony, funeral or traditional cultural activities. Experience Balinese traditional in fashion and dance handed through generations. Held every Wednesday and Saturday afternoon at Gym room from 3 pm to 4.30 pm. Sarongs are provided
– Free Coconut Leaf Craft Lesson. Offerings are the traditional art and part of Balinese daily religious activities and dedicated to neutralize energy for a consistent equilibrium at all time. Offerings are seen in the entire resort area, in the resort shrines, on the grounds or even in the front of your room. All in-house guests are invited to learn of making Balinese offerings every Monday and Friday afternoon at the Spa lobby from 3 pm to 4.30 pm. Sarongs are provided
– Free Yoga Class. A Holistic exercises for all part of your mind, body and soul. Tranquility of the site enables us to practice Yoga in deep concentration. Join our yoga class every Monday and Thursday from 3.30 pm to 5 pm.